Joe’s interest in exercise science and injury rehabilitation started while playing Junior hockey in Ontario. After going through physiotherapy for his own hockey-related injuries; he decided to turn that interest into a career. Joe’s clinical focus is musculoskeletal injury rehabilitation and concussion management. He is committed to determining the underlying factors to an injury, and applies the most evidence-based patient-centered approach to treatment. In addition to being a registered physiotherapist, Joe is a certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist with high performance specialization through the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology, and is one of only a few physiotherapists in Newfoundland with this designation. Joe provides specific exercise prescriptions and education to help his clients reach their goals. Additionally, Joe offers a number of techniques such as dry needling, acupuncture, soft tissue techniques and joint mobilization/manipulation. When not in the clinic, Joe spends his time walking his dog, playing guitar and staying active.
We Are A Collaborative Wellness Centre.
- Complete Concussion Management Provider
- Dry Needling Level 1 & 2 Acupuncture Canada
- Anatomical Acupuncture Level 1 Acupuncture Canada
- Neuroproprioceptive Taping
- Mulligan Concept Upper Quadrant
- Shirley Sahrmann Diagnostic and Treatment of Movement System Impairments
- Advanced Integrated Musculoskeletal (AIM) Program Level 1 & Level 2 Lower Quadrant
- Advanced Physiotherapy Education Institute (APTEI) Advanced Cervico-Thoracic Certification Program
- Advanced Physiotherapy Education Institute (APTEI) Shoulder Complex
Joe graduated from Memorial University with a Bachelor of Kinesiology (Honours) in 2016. He then went on to pursue a Masters of Science Physiotherapy, from Dalhousie University graduating in 2018